Attic insulation is a thermally insulated, protective interior cladding method that involves the use of rock wool or glass and polyurethane foam.
It is one of the excellent ways to protect your home from temperature extremes and moisture damage.
Attic insulation which is an important source of energy is carried out in order to reduce or regulate heating and cooling costs by preventing the transfer of heat from inside to the outside of the house during the winter period or from the outside to the inside during the summer period.
There is a difference between cold or warm loft insulation. Cold roof insulation needs the joist level to hinder heat escaping through the unused roof space, while warm roof insulation is carried out between and under the rafters of the roof itself.
The most types of insulation used for attics are:
- Loose-fill fiberglass
- fiberglass batts
- Spray foam.
- Blanket insulation
- Radiant foil.
All these four materials consist of the vast majority of the installation of attic insulation carried out by insulation contractors.
Importance of Attic Insulation
Attic insulation is important and efficient in homes, business places, construction sites, and so on. The following are some of the importance of attic insulation.
- Attic insulation reduces the overall heat transfer from outdoor to indoor or vice versa.
- Attic insulation in homes or other required places helps to achieve thermal comfort for its occupants.
- It decreases unwanted heat gain or unwanted heat loss by significantly decreases the energy demands of cooling and heating systems.
- It provides a safer home structure and prevents gradual damage to the home
- Attic insulation lower homeowner’s utility bills
- Attic insulation provides adequate home comfortability.
A highly experienced insulation contractor like ORK Insulation Contractor of Florida should be hired to carry out your attic insulation for your homes because if the insulation is not properly done, it can cause damage to your homes as gaps that are not properly filled in the insulation installation process can quickly reduce the effectiveness of the insulation.
ORK can handle any type of home attic insulation, even older homes that were built with wide gaps between the walls. We will carry out a clean and perfect job at filling up these gaps to prevent moisture leaks into your home. We are here to provide an impressive service at affordable prices at your beck and call.